Saturday, June 11, 2011

Smoothies and scales

I haven't eaten badly this weekend but I haven't eaten as well as I would like since we have been celebrating Steve's birthday. I've been well within my calorie limits but I don't think that everything was AS nutritionally dense as it could have been. Soooo...tonight I made myself a super yummy smoothie. It has strawberries, blueberries, 1/2% milk (found this at Meijer and I love it), and ice. Super yummy and it's making me feel better already! I still haven't gotten a scale. I looked at CVS today and the only scale they had was $60!!! Yeah...no. I have no idea how i'm doing weight wise but I do genuinely feel good. I think that is reflecting on my number of posts and the content. I really feel good about what i'm doing and I don't feel too guilty (notice the too because i'm still battling my inner diet diva) about eating out because i'm making great choices. I know that this is the style of living that I want for the rest of my life. I don't want to have to think about weight too much. Maybe i'm subtly sabotaging the scale-finding process. I still have to exercise today but I am excited about it because Steve found me some more Zumba videos. Those things are a blast and I am seriously sweaty and winded after them and the only one I have done was 20 minutes long! Lol! They are usually 60 minutes. I will definitely post after I do the long one. Ok, time to get going and drink my delish smoothie!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are doing great, so just give yourself a break! And seriously, don't worry about the scale if it makes you feel better! There's no rule saying you HAVE to weigh yourself! You'll start feeling your clothes getting too big and know you're making progress.

    Yay for Zumba! Can I borrow one of the videos sometime? I am still trying to get to one of the classes by my house but I'm nervous lol.

    Doing great!

    ReplyDelete