Monday, June 20, 2011

Feel the burn

I ran a mile straight today at a 5.0 then rested a bit then ran again for .65 miles at a 5.0. I am slowly but surely getting faster and better at running. I miss my intervals so I think i'll do some of each tomorrow. I did some more strength training today. My leg presses are up to 175 lbs, which is a 6, and I started at 80 lbs/level 3. I am constantly seeing improvements and that really drives me to do more. I am still pretty weak with my arms but one day i'll have some guns. :) I am really feeling good this time around. Yesterday I really wanted a brownie sundae that everyone was eating so I made myself a mini version that was about three bites and it was awesome! I didn't feel at all guilty because I had made great choices and I rewarded myself. I think that attitude is keeping me from binging and really helping me figure this out as a lifestyle. My whole point is to live better and the emphasis is on LIVE. Just remember to have some self-control and you can make eating a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great and you are absolutely right about not feeling guilty!!

    ReplyDelete