Sunday, June 19, 2011

I scream, you scream, we all scream for......

Running at a 6.2!!! I have never ever run above a 4.5 on the treadmill. I never believed that I could. So, when I did my intervals yesterday I went up to level 11 and it showed a 6.2 for my intervals. I about pooped my pants. The fear and doubt started to creep back in but then I remembered a TBL episode where Jillian said that it isn't your body that can't do it, it's your mind. If I let my fear and doubt rule me I wouldn't be able to do 30 minutes of intervals at that speed. (Intervals have you do a high speed for a minute and a low speed for a minute and repeat over and over) I pushed out the negative, turned on some music, and believed in myself. I did it no problem. It really shows that the old adage mind over matter really is true. I followed it up with a bunch of strength training on the machines. I'm starting to really feel good. Oh, and i'm down to 191.2 lbs so look for a crazy woman post next Sunday when I get below 190. :)

1 comment:

  1. 6.2!! You go!! It really is mind over matter! Can't wait to see you in the 180s....sooo close!

    ReplyDelete