Saturday, January 7, 2012

Jumped out of my comfort zone

I saw a post on Julie Voris's Facebook page about a free workout that she was leading. I have always wanted to try TurboJam and P90X and she was doing a hybrid workout including those two programs. I immediately asked Nicole to go so that I would have a safety net. She said she couldn't and I immediately thought oh, well I guess I won't go. Then I thought about my vision board. So many things that I want from life starts with me stepping out of my comfort zone and just TRYING. It doesn't matter if I can't complete it or do it as well as the others. What matters is I tried. I put myself out there. I did something new and exciting.

Today was the big day. I was BIG time nervous but I set my alarm the night before and I was determined to go. My alarm clock never. went. off. WHAT? Thank the good Lord (I mean that wholeheartedly) I woke up at 8:15. I had 30 minutes to get dressed, gulp down breakfast, grab some water, and haul my tukus over to the church. I was praying like a crazy woman and possibly driving like one too. God help me I made it with 5 minutes to spare!

I met a wonderful Beachbody coach (Beachbody sponsored this event) and she took pity on me and helped me sign in and find my way to the room. By then I was getting the nervous poos. LOL. I took a few deep breaths, took my place at the front, and waited for Julie to start us off. Let me just say, if you haven't taken a Turbofit class DO IT! I had so much fun literally from the moment the music started. Julie had some great music and some mad crazy energy. She instantly made me relax and have fun. I smiled the whole time even though I was boxing, jumping, and kicking like a crazy person. I am so proud to say that I did everything and I didn't stop or modify it. That my friends is an amazing feeling at 199lbs.

Moral of the story? YOU CAN DO IT! If there is something you want to do, overcome you fear and get out there. Who cares if you can't do it perfectly the first time? That is why it's a class you are taking NOT leading. You are there to learn, have fun, and meet new people. This will not be my last group fitness class and I hope you guys are inspired to try one too. Love you all!

I'm right behind Julie in the blue shirt. I know you can't see much of me and it's blurry but this is the only picture I can find so far. AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment