Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!

I don't know about you but I am ALWAYS late. Whether it is by a smidgen or a bunch i'm late. I keep telling people to tell me to be there 15-30 minutes before you actually want me there so that I end up on time. I blame God really. I was born on September 3rd which was a full two weeks after my due date. So see? Baby, I was born this way.

Ok, enough play on words. I am a grown up (technically) and I understand how rude and selfish this is. I swear I don't mean it that way and that even with my best intentions I still am late. Those tend to be the smidgens. This year I really mean to change my life and that is not JUST about health and fitness. I want to work on things that I feel are a hindrance and my time issue is definitely a hindrance.

My goal is to give myself a time frame in which to get ready and then tack on an extra 30-60 minutes on top of that. If I end up with extra time before I need to leave I want to use that time to relax and just thank God for the day, talk to my family, or think about what I need to do for that day or week. I set my alarm today so that I had plenty of time to do all my stuff like eat, blog, workout, and get ready before I needed to head out the door. I wasn't too thrilled when the alarm went off but now that i'm up and productive I feel so much better.

I am a fly by the seat of your pants kind of girl but I know that in order to succeed in certain areas of my life I need to plan. What other goals are you implementing in your lives this year? Let's make 2012 our best years yet!

1 comment:

  1. I sooooo hear you! I have nailed down a few of my issues regarding my frequent tardiness....I wait until the last minute to go get ready. What I should do is get ready early, and then play on the computer/watch TV until I leave. Secondly, I try to cram too many things into my day. Then I end up messing it all up. Thirdly, I have no sense of direction and I end up lost half the time. Even with my navigation system. I hope we can both conquer this in 2012! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete