Sunday, January 22, 2012

Choices

I had an epiphany in the shower.

What? I do my best thinking, planning, and dreaming whilst in the shower.

Anyway, back to my epiphany. Life is made up of billions of choices. Good or bad. Every day we make choices that will affect us in many ways. What we eat, what we wear, how we treat people, what we spend our money on, how we spend our time, etc. It's the greater percentage of good or bad choices that determine who we are. If you put in good food you weigh less, you spend less money you are wealthier, you play with your kids you are more fulfilled, etc. My epiphany was that I am in charge of my choices, my time management, my wealth, etc. (lots of etc's in this post!) Whatever I put in, I will get out. Some of you reading this will be like "Uh, duh Becky." I get that. But have you ever thought to yourself "I wish..."? I realized that I don't have or need to wish. I need to DO. If I want to be thin and healthy I need to make the choice to eat well and exercise. If I want to be financially secure I need to make the choice to budget and save. It's my choice given to me by a loving God who created me with free will.

So, what choices are you going to make? Good or bad? I am making the choice today to take every day one choice at a time and let that lead me to a better, healthier, happier me. It's in your hands! You get to be the genie you keep wishing for! Take it a day at a time, an hour at a time, a choice at a time. However you do it just know that you CAN do it!

Ok, I'm stepping off my soap box now. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this!! Thanks for the reminder. I need to make the choice to not let others' opinions affect me too! :)

    ReplyDelete