Monday, July 4, 2011

980

That folks is how many calories I burned the other day at the gym. It only took me 90 minutes to do and would have been less had I been able to run a bit more. I had a goal in mind of 1000 calories to burn just to see how long it would take me and if I could even do it. I set the treadmill at 90 minutes and just went for it. With a combination of running and fast walking at an incline I was able to go 5.6 miles and burn 980 calories. Why would you want to burn that many calories you ask? I am a huge fan of The Biggest Loser and how they always say "If I can do it, you can do it." I decided to put that to the test. I know that they burn 7000 calories a day but my point was is it even possible to burn 1000 like they say you can do. It only took me an extra 30 minutes of exercise and a little determination. Everyone has their block when they exercise. My personal block is getting past the 1.5-2 mile mark. Once i'm past it I can fly through my workouts. Don't give up on yourself. If you push through it you can accomplish amazing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment