Friday, July 8, 2011

Family Bike Ride!

Steve finally got a bike tonight! I am beyond excited. I have been wanting to take family bike rides for over a year now. Thank you so much Jessi for giving him your old bike! We went to the canal and through the IUPUI campus. I have no clue how far we biked but it was a blast. These are the types of activities I want to be doing with my family. I want these to be the memories that Lilly keeps as she grows up.

Back to my weigh loss. As you well know I waged a war with my scale. It weighs me 4lbs heavier than all other scales. I have been doing my weekly weigh-in on the gym scale so that I have an accurate number that also keeps me sane. However I weigh myself daily on my satan scale and I STILL see a 190 number. So this week I took a leaf out of Jay's ( from The Biggest Loser) book and started writing the words "one eighty nine" on my arm daily as a constant reminder of what I am working towards. I have to say that it has been amazingly helpful. You can't help but see it no matter what you are doing. It has helped me eat better, track my foods better, and exercise better. So if you have a goal weight try doing this. If you have job restrictions put it some place unnoticeable to anyone but you. If you absolutly can't write it on your body try putting it up in your cubical, as the banner on your cell phone, on your rearview mirror in your car, etc. Also, make sure it is an attainable goal for that week only. Not your end goal weight. Happy goal making!

No comments:

Post a Comment