Sunday, February 5, 2012

Just an idea

I have no idea what I want to do with the rest of my life.

Of course I want to be a wonderful mother and wife to my family but I mean as a career. A legacy if you will. My mark on the world. My passion. My talent.

This is something that I have been thinking about for awhile. I never thought I would be reaching 30 and still not have a clue as to what I want for my life and my future. I always assumed that I would have it all figured out before hand. My goal this year, yes it's only February but my birthday is in September so give me a break, has been to make myself into the Becky I've always wanted to be before I hit 30.

Why 30?

Great question!

(Yes, I am pretending you are talking back to me. I do know I need help. Let's continue shall we?)

My twenties have been tumultuous at best. I have spent a lot of time just trying to survive life. I really want my thirties to be amazing. I want to be financially sound, fit and healthy, and making my mark on this world. I want my 30's to usher in a new peaceful time for me and my family. I know life will never be perfect but I want my 30's to be fulfilling and meaningful.

I have been shooting around ideas to Steve and Nicole. I love making people feel safe, respected, listened to, and encouraged. I want to show people that someone does care about them and that someone does want to help them. I know that I hate it when I feel like someone either isn't listening or is half-listening to me. It makes me feel unimportant and disrespected. I don't want anyone to feel that way with me. I want them to feel that they have my undivided attention and full support.

Where am I going with this?

Well, I really want to use that to help people. I think maybe in a counselor, life coach, mentor type of job. It scares me because I don't want to screw anyone up but it excites me because I know that people are desperate for compassion. I'm still thinking and working on this but i'm excited to have even some shred of an idea.

Are you doing something you are passionate about? How did you figure it out? Have you always known, did someone introduce you, did you take a questionnaire, etc? Either way I hope you guys fulfill not only your health and fitness goals but also your career and lifestyle goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment