Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Egad!

Today started so well. I had two pumpkin muffins that I made last night. They are so delicious and super easy. I made some coffee, cleaned the apartment up, and got Lilly and I ready for a bike ride. We went to our favorite trail at Potter's Bridge Park and biked around 5 miles. Not too bad for a sore body. When we got home I fixed her a great lunch and I ate some apple slices with peanut butter so that I could help her eat and get to her nap. That is when it turns sour. I grabbed a snack bag of Doritos and a Mountain Dew. WHAT?!?! Why did I do that? No freaking clue. It definitely goes to show though that I can NOT have things in my house that are not good for me. If they are there I will eat them. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! It doesn't end there though. Oh, no. I had to wash it down with a dark chocolate kit kat. So my lunch started healthy and ended up in the trash. Bah! I feel like a complete moron. The only plus side is now those items are gone and can't be eaten again. Steve made us chili for dinner which was super yummy. That was a great dinner choice. So I guess i'm at 2 for 3 today.  I got some more cleaning done tonight and the apartment looks great. I really love having a clean home. It just makes me happy. I know it makes Steve and Lilly happy as well. Tomorrow will be a better day but I am at least owning up to my mistake so that is one step forward. I'm hoping the scale isn't too mean to me tomorrow. Still no new scale so i'm still looking at a 190 number. :( I think that Lilly and I will get up earlier tomorrow and get our day started in preparation for less sunlight in the coming months. Maybe we'll catch some story time tomorrow at our local Barnes & Noble. Love that place! I hope you guys are doing well and keeping healthy!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I missed TWO blog posts! I need you to update me when you post lol. All I can say is, I totally understand how you feel when your day is going along just fine and you mess it up. But it still stinks!

    I think you're just going through a rough patch and you'll be fine in the end. Just keep remembering why you're making the change and you'll get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checking in on you.... ;) It's birthday week!

    ReplyDelete