Sunday, August 14, 2011

Warrior Dash

This weekend Steve, Nicole, James, Cheryl (Nicole's friend), and I all competed in the Warrior Dash. We were the last group to go at 4:30pm on Saturday. We had to go through obstacle courses, up and down hills, through a lot of mud and water, set up in a 3 mile course. When we got there I felt like the fat chick in a sea of skinny people. I was letting self-doubt and negativity creep up on me. I was questioning why I was there and what I was thinking in signing up for this race when I was so obviously wrong for it. God however, bless Him, gently chided my by reminding me that I can do all things through HIM who gives me strength. So I got all my gear on, got up to the starting line, and held my head up high. I knew that while I wouldn't come in first, or even in the middle, as long as I finished the race and did my best that I could go home proud. Steve and I stuck together the whole way. I kept telling him that it was me and him all the way and forever. I would be with him and support him, and vice versa, through all of life's obstacle courses. We went up 15-20 foot walls, ran through mud and creeks, jumped over fire, swam through mud, and crawled under barbed wire. It was thrilling and brought us closer together as a couple. We were able to share moments together that I will forever be grateful for. The complete trust that we had in each other to help one another, stay together, and support each other was amazing. It really proved to me that we are so much stronger together than apart. We finished the race in an hour. Not the best time in the bunch but not the worst. I'm so proud that we were able to do every single obstacle course and make it 3 miles on top of that. I was really proud that I was able to haul my body up over those huge walls with my little arms. That is a lot of weight. I love proving to others but mostly myself that yes I can do it! My weight doesn't define me. I am strong, willing, and able. Just try to bet against me. You'll lose every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment