Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stress

Today has been a very stressful day. Dad had his cardiac cath procedure done and it was presented to us as a complete unknown. We had no idea what was going to happen or what they were going to do to him until after it was already done. I was so worried and stressed out the whole time. His procedure went well and they didn't change anything. Dr. Singh just scoped him and said that since things have not gotten worse he didn't want to change anything. He wants to give his stent some time to work and in the mean time get his medications working better. I'm hoping that things improve and that he will see a decrease in the blockage by his next appointment.

Steve had a phone interview today with a company that would pay him more than what he is making now. It would allow us some more freedom and I wouldn't have to work every weekend. He said it didn't go too well though so i'm back to being stressed about it. I'm putting everything in God's hands but as a weak human being i'm finding it hard to not stress.

The positive in all of this is that i'm not stress eating. That has always been a big problem for me so i'm glad that I was able to overcome that today. Seeing all the problems that Dad is facing from a lifetime of poor eating choices is a big motivating factor. It pains me to see him struggle like this. I hope that I can be a good example for them and help them to learn how to eat well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment