Monday, February 21, 2011

Ready, set, go!

I've been struggling. I'm fighting a war against a powerful adversary and the battle has been tipping in it's favor. My enemy? Laziness. It has driven me to eat poorly, not exercise, go out to eat, and tell myself that I "deserve" that ice cream. Mostly though, laziness has caused me to lie to myself and others that I have given a promise to. I promised to be healthy, to be fit, to be strong, to be disciplined in all aspects of my life.

I threw a pity party for myself and posted a "why me" post on facebook. That is when an angel in the form of Nicole reminded me that it isn't the end of the road but another beginning. She reminded me that every single day is filled with choices and moments in which to make a new start. She reminded me that I am in control of my life, choices, and future. ME!!!! She reminded me that I am indeed ONE STRONG CHICKADEE! I'm strong enough to overcome my laziness, self-sabotage, and self-pity. I'm strong enough to be honest about what works for me and what doesn't. I'm strong enough to create a future for Lilly that shapes her into a strong and healthy woman. So thank you Nicole. Thank you for encouraging me through kindness and a good example.

Today I weighed in at 190.8lbs. Never again will I be at that weight but i'm not ashamed. I am who I am and everyone has to start somewhere. I'm a success story and will continue to be. Why? Because i'm one strong chicadee, that's why!

1 comment:

  1. You can do this! And you're welcome! I'm always here for you!

    ReplyDelete