Thursday, March 15, 2012

I'm alive!

I didn't realize it had been soooo long since I last put up a blog post.

My bad.

I'm doing great. I'm eating well, working out, and enjoying this awesome weather. Right now I am laser focused on getting into the 170s. Who would of thought I would be in the 170s soon? That is so darn exciting. I know that I used to be in the 170s at some point but I honestly can't remember it. I'm awaiting them with much excitement because I am ready to look at that mirror and see a huge difference from where I started.

My mental state is so much better as well. I'm learning to focus on my abilities and how amazing my body is. It can do so much! I'm also learning that my hard work pays off. Whether it's right away or it takes a month it will pay off. I am also learning that being healthy is the most important aspect of my journey. Being unhealthy is what scared me in to action in the first place. I want to feel good not just look good. I'm working on  being healthy inside and out and it's really working. I know that 90% of my weight issues were mental. The other 10% is because it just tastes so darn good. :)

I had two back to back hard weeks. I didn't do anything terrible but life got in my way. I am so proud that I got through them and got back on track. I didn't let a small detour take me completely off course. That is so important. It is so easy to throw in the towel. To give in to life's difficulties. To say "I can't" instead of "I can". I know this isn't a race now. That feels so good. I still have goals but I know now that the more important goal is to make a real change. My body will catch up and I will be at my desired weight eventually.

This weekend I am running a 4 mile St. Patrick's Day race. And yes, I am running it! I will not walk. I will push myself to do something that I have always wanted to do. RUN a race in it's entirety! Today I am going to go shopping for my race attire. We are supposed to dress up and have fun with it so i'm going to embrace that! I promise to post pictures.

I hope you guys are still going strong with your 2012 goals. Try to remember that there is no time limit, no rules, no expectations for perfection. You only have to try your best, pick yourself up if you fall, and most importantly BELIEVE in yourself. You are amazing and you can do whatever you set your mind to!

I am in the works of overhauling my diet. I'll write more on it later. Right now i'm trying to figure it all out. Stay strong and stay healthy!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're still alive and workin' it. I have one more week of school and then it's spring break...and that means we're going thrifting so kick it into high gear sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pumped to go thrifting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete