Friday, November 9, 2012

Why do I need a page?

I have a facebook page for OSC. I used to get some comments and some chit chat going on there but now it's mainly crickets. It got me thinking about why I have one. In the beginning of my journey it was a way to inspire others. In the middle of it it was for accountability and encouragement. Now? It just makes me sad. I really don't want to post things and have zero response. I already feel super awkward for having a weight loss page while pregnant. Yeah, i'll go back to weight loss after the baby but now I feel like those people don't deserve to share it with me. If you aren't going to support me in every stage of my life why do you get to celebrate victories? Why do you get to be nosy and look at my before/after pictures? Why do you get to share in giveaways that come from my own pocket?

I realized that what I need are friends. People who care about me and what i'm doing. I know there are those out there that say you can't expect that from online interactions but i've seen friendships develop between people online all the time. Bloggers and readers, gamers, long lost friends, etc. If you care, or want to care, it will happen. I thought that it was just me but I have to remember that I can only BE me. I can't be anyone else. If others don't like that then I have to accept it and move on. Maybe it's just not my niche. That's ok. It won't change the fact that I have a journey to complete. It won't change the fact that I want to be a role model to my family. It won't change the fact that I have a desire to be healthy.

So, I haven't decided anything yet but I will soon. I don't want to be sad every time I get online. I don't want to feel discouraged about being me. I don't want to feel like i've done something wrong. As always I hope you guys are doing well and staying strong! Only 3 more days until my ultrasound! XO~Bex

2 comments:

  1. Well you certainly don't need a page for me to follow a long your journey! And I totally understand. I support you either way. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand exactly what you are saying. I too have page and a blog (for over a year now) and I rarely get comments or feedback on either. It is super hard for sure.

    I apologize that I haven't been commenting because I have been reading along and cheering on your successes. I have been sort of wrapped up in marathon training lately, it feels like I am drowning with no free time.

    I kept my blog because in the end it does keep me accountable even when I don't get comments but you have to make the decision that is right for you... I wish you well either way (if you choose to stick around I will continue to follow along and try to comment more).

    ReplyDelete